Here You’ll Find All Sorts of Resources…
Counseling, Emergency Services and more!
These lists will continue to grow. But here’s a start 🙂
- Check with your EAP (Employee Assistance Program) through your HR Department at your job to see if there are counseling services provided through your employer. Sometimes there are.
- Open Path – Resource where you can find therapists at a discounted price through this specific network. You have to pay a $49 one-time fee and then each session with the counselor you select is between $30-$50 per session. A huge savings. Only restriction is that you must use therapists within the Open Path network. However, some therapists/counselors provide long-distance sessions over the phone.
- Medicaid – If you have Medicaid, there are certain therapists / counselors who accept Medicaid programs. Search it out on your provider website OR this link on Psychology Today.
- Psychology Today – Find a Therapist – once you put in your zipcode, a list of therapists will populate. You can then ‘filter’ by insurance, issue, gender, sexuality, language, etc, etc.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) – multiple resources including LGBTQ
Phone: 800-950-NAMI (6264)
For a Crisis text “NAMI” 741741
- Christian counseling:
AACC (American Association of Christian Counselors) – choose “Resources” tab and select the first option in drop-down menu “Find a Counselor”
You can also go to the Psychology Today link listed above (#1) and search for Christian Counselor
- Therapy for Black Girls – specializing in mental health and unique needs for African-American women. “Find a therapist” link on the main page
- Mental Health Resources for Latin Community – you have to scroll through a slide show to see various resources
- Talk2Spirit – yes, this professional therapist’s name is actually Spirit. No spooky stuff going on. It’s legitimate. She has a weekly live feed on her Facebook page at 12pm EST each Friday, for “Free Advice”. This does not replace therapy, but, it’s a nice resource to be able to ask questions of a therapist and get some advice. You can also call her office for them to link you to a therapist in your area. (888) 718-2827. If you’re in the Atlanta, GA area, that’s where her office is located. Find her on all social media @talk2spirit
- Latinx Therapy – Find a Latin / Hispanic Therapist